Ah, the Bloody Mary. Long considered to be the go to hangover cure and the champion of weekend brunches in the 70’s, 80’s & 90’s, this cocktail fell out of favour for a while. It might not be something to quaff in vast quantities but prepared correctly and served in the perfect glass with an array of garnishes, this is one hell of a day drinking ice-breaker. Team it with our secret recipe Bloody Mary Brim Trim and, hey presto, perfection!
(Enough for two drinks)
- VODKA 100ml
- TOMATO JUICE 500ml
- #4 BLOODY MARY BRIM TRIM & MIX (A large pinch for the drink and some for the brim)
- LEMON JUICE 25ml
- WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE (approx 4 dashes)
- TABASCO SAUCE (Mild or fiery, the dashes are up to you!)
- CELERY & ANY OTHER GARNISHES THAT YOUR HEART DESIRES
1. Add ice and all of your ingredients to a cocktail shaker (don’t put the celery in)
2. Using a long bar spoon mix everything together. You don’t want to shake this (we know it’s tempting!), if you shake tomato juice it’ll turn out frothy and that’s not the look we’re going for here. What we do want is for everything to be beautifully combined.
3. Put the shaker to the side for a moment and run a lemon or lime wedge around the rim of your glassware and then dip into the #4 BLOODY MARY BRIM TRIM & MIX.
4. Strain the mix into a glass. Top up with fresh ice if it needed.
5. Add your celery stick and anything else you want on there. Consider olives, pickles, even bacon!
6. If you’re going to make an event out of this maybe consider making a pitcher of BMs. Keep it in the fridge and garnish as you go.
7. Get creative and tag us on the socials @thesaltyrimco, we’d love to see!