I’ve been whining for weeks. You see, we’ve been growing tomatoes, cucumbers and chillies in the greenhouse but nothing much was happening. Yes, all the plants were growing but no fruit then, all of a sudden, BOOM! We couldn’t keep up. The cucumbers seemingly grow in a day – from zero to husband material in just a few hours. There’s only so many you can eat though.
So, the blender came out and my version of a cucumber margarita turned out to be absolutely divine. My test subject originally intended to take a sip – just to try it – and ended up quaffing the lot. The bloody mowing would have wait. The Margs are always in charge.
(Enough for two drinks)
- TEQUILA (the best Blanco you can get) 120ml (4oz)
- CUCUMBER JUICE 60ml (2oz)
- FRESH LIME JUICE 30ml (1oz)
- #2 CITRUS COCKTAIL SALT
- AGAVE SYRUP 15ml (1/2oz)
1. It does depend on the size of the cucumber – mine was a large – put half a cucumber in a blender and whizz on high for 30 seconds. Strain into a jug so that have just the juice and no bits.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add your ingredients. Put the top on and shake for 20 – 30 seconds.
3. Put the shaker to the side for a moment and run a lime wedge around the rim of your glassware then dip the rim into the tin of #2 CITRUS COCKTAIL SALT
4. Strain the superbly cold mix into two glasses.
5. If you’re lucky enough to be growing cucumbers – or know someone who is – the flowers make a super garnish and are edible too. If you haven’t got access to those then use a lime wheel.
5. Tag us on the socials @thesaltyrimco, we’d love to know what you think of this refreshing cocktail.