Many moons ago I sat alone at a beach shack style bar in Key West, Florida. In front of me a freshly made Margarita, in the most perfect glass, with a rim bestowed with coarse salt, and I couldn’t have been happier. The sun was shining down, I was people watching and there was just something about that moment that will stay with me forever. This classic is my absolute favourite and before you even contemplate playing around with flavours and crushed ice, please try this at least once to know how it’s supposed to taste. Savour the magic, raise your glass and send me a little ‘Cheers’.
(Enough for two drinks)
- TEQUILA (the best Blanco you can get) 120ml (4oz)
- COINTREAU (orange liqueur) 60ml (2oz)
- FRESH LIME JUICE 30ml (1oz)
- #1 CLASSIC MARGARITA SALT
1. This is a classic recipe so it doesn’t include sugar syrup. Using good quality ingredients will ensure that the balance of the drink is absolutely perfect.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add your ingredients. Put the top on and shake for 20 – 30 seconds.
3. Put the shaker to the side for a moment and run a lime wedge around the rim of your glassware then dip the rim into the tin of #1 CLASSIC MARGARITA SALT.
4. Strain the superbly cold mix into the two glasses and add a further garnish of a lime wheel or wedge.
5. Tag us on the socials @thesaltyrimco, we’d love to know what you think of this cocktail classic.