The Cosmopolitan Cocktail, or Cosmo, hit our radar towards the end of the 90’s. It’s safe to say that Sex and The City was certainly responsible for the drinks rise to fame which placed itself firmly into the cocktail history books and immersed firmly into popular culture.
Pretty, pink and utterly gorgeous, the Cosmo helped usher in an era of specialty cocktails and we will be forever thankful.
There are many differing recipes but one thing for sure is that you must use Absolut Citron for this to be anywhere close to the original. Of course you can use plain vodka but it just won’t be the same, still nice though.
We’ve added extra colour by using of #5 BEST OF BRITISH Cocktail Sugar to the rim, it’s an ABSOLUT delight and we hope you’ll love it as much as we do.
(Enough for two drinks)
- ABSOLUT CITRON (120ml) (4oz)
- COINTREAU (orange liqueur) 60ml (2oz)
- CRANBERRY JUICE 60 ml (2oz)(the best you can buy)
- FRESH LIME JUICE 60ml (2oz)
- #5 BEST OF BRITISH COCKTAIL SUGAR
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Add the Absolut Citron, Cointreau, cranberry & lime juice to the shaker and shake vigorously for about 20 seconds.
3. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of your glassware (or, for more, ‘grip’ dip into sugar syrup first) and dip into the #5 BEST OF BRITISH COCKTAIL SUGAR.
4. Strain the mixture into your cocktail glasses and add a garnish of lime, lemon or orange.
5. Tag us on the socials @thesaltyrimco, we’d love to know what you think of this colourful Cosmo.