Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you a cocktail so utterly splendid that it hasn’t yet been christened with a proper moniker. Allow me to introduce the most resplendent of concoctions – The Perfect Christmas Champagne Cocktail.
It is my unparalleled delight to curate the cocktail menu for any soirée we host, and this particular creation has soared to dizzying heights on my list of delectable delights. Elegant in its simplicity, yet utterly sophisticated.
First, we have the Spitfire Heritage Gin, which is – in their own words – “The finest Gin in Blighty”. Multi-award-winning Master Distiller, John Walters, has conjured up a 1930s retro gin of exceptional calibre. Having tasted this ambrosial spirit numerous times (purely for research purposes, naturally), I can confirm its exquisite charm, and its esteemed position atop our cocktail cabinet is well-deserved. Next, we have St Germain Elderflower liqueur – a velvety smooth libation that’s delightful enough to sip solo. When combined within this cocktail, it truly dazzles. Adding Champagne and Bronze Cocktail Dust to this drink is akin to placing the angel atop the Christmas tree – the ultimate crowning glory.
The result? Nothing short of extraordinary.
How To (Ingredients for two fabulous flutes):
- Spitfire Heritage Gin 60ml (2oz)
- St Germain (Elderflower liqueur) 60ml (2oz)
- Fresh lemon juice 30ml (1oz)
- 11 Bronze Cocktail Dust
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add the Spitfire Heritage Gin, St Germain Elderflower Liqueur, and lemon juice. Shake with gusto for approximately 20 seconds.
- Run a lemon wedge around the rims of the champagne flutes and gently dip into the Bronze Cocktail Dust – shake off any surplus.
- Strain the mixture equally into two champagne flutes and top up with Champagne, stopping just below the Bronze Cocktail Dust line.
- Do share your stunning cocktail creations – Tag us @saltyrimco on Instagram or Twitter.