A cocktail so fabulous that it doesn’t even have a proper name yet so, people of the internet, let me introduce you to this fabulous creation – The Perfect Christmas Champagne Cocktail.
It’s my absolute joy to curate the cocktail list for any soirée that we host and this has turned out to achieve a very high ranking on my list of lovely things. Simple, yet sophisticated and oh so delicious.
Firstly, we have Spitfire Heritage Gin and in their own words it’s – ” The finest Gin in Blightly” – Multi award winning Master Distiller, John Walters has worked his alchemy to create a 1930s retro gin of exceptional quality and having sampled this many times (just to make sure, you know?) I can concur with its delightfulness and its rightful place on the top shelf of our cocktail cabinet has been easily won. Next we have St Germain Elderflower liqueur, beautifully smooth and good enough to sip on its own and when combined within this cocktail it truly shines. Adding the Champagne and Bronze Cocktail Dust to this drink is like adding the Angel to the Christmas tree, a perfect finish.
The result is truly extraordinary.
(Enough for two drinks)
- Spitfire Heritage Gin 60ml (2oz) FIND IT HERE
- St Germain (Elderflower liqueur) 60ml (2oz) FIND IT HERE
- CHAMPAGNE FIND IT HERE
- FRESH LEMON JUICE 30ml (1oz)
- #11 Bronze Cocktail Dust
1. Add ice to a cocktail shaker and then add the Spitfire Heritage Gin, St Germain Elderflower Liqueur and lemon juice. Shake vigorously for approx 20 seconds.
2. Run a wedge of lemon around the rims of the champagne flutes and dip lightly into the Bronze Cocktail Dust – shake off any excess.
3. Strain the mixture equally into two champagne flutes and top up with Champagne to just below the line of the Bronze Cocktail Dust.
4. Et Voila!
5. Please show us your beautiful cocktail creations – Tag us @saltyrimco on Instagram or Twitter